My legacy

Numquam bella piis, numquam certanima desunt.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

T-a-double guh- ed

QUESTION #1:Seven things I hope to do before I die:
1. Go sky diving
2. Gain a deeper understanding of the Bible
3. Learn a musical instrument
4. Raise a godly family
5. Travel in Europe
6. Kayak the rivers of Costa Rica
7. See my great grandchildren playing

QUESTION#2:Seven things I cannot do well (yet):
1. Play a musical instrument
2. Apply make-up
3. Not annoy my momma with my grand persona and use of superfluent vocabulary in conversation
4. be bored
5. hold my tongue
6. Recall where I read a specific verse in the Bible
7. Be a "wall flower"

QUESTION#3:Seven things that would attract me to my spouse:
To attempt at listing the things asked, herein is impossible. To include would fall short, and thus exclude, to exclude would be a tragedy, that I could not bear. For I know not the words in my vocabulary that could limit any qualities to only seven, and still fully describe what was to be conveyed. So I leave up to the void to give but a glimpse of what might answer the above question.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.

QUESTION#4:Seven things I say often:
1. umm...
2. Cool beans
3. That is NOT cool!!!
4. I haven't gotten there yet
5. Who's doing the driving??
6. And Such
7. What color is the smoke coming out of the oven supposed to be?!?

QUESTION#5:Seven authors, books or series I love:(This is by no means all inclusive)
1. Future Men, D. Wilson
2.Chronicles of Narnia, C.s. Lewis
3. My life for yours, D. Wilson
4. The Dragon and the raven, G.A. Henty
5. God's gift to women, Eric Ludy
6. The Mark of a man, Elizabeth Elliot
7. The Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy

QUESTION#6:Seven movies I watch over and over again: I'm not fond of re-runs but...
1. Master & Commander
2. The Last Samurai
3. Batman begins
4. I. Robot
5. Finding Nemo
6. You can't take it with you
7. Shenandoa

QUESTION#7:Seven people I want to do this: I hate to use absolutes, saying that I want this or that person to do this, to single this or that person out to be the subjects of my inquisition would be picking favourites.
( I do say though, that Q. #7 is more of a statement than a question)

7 Comments:

  • At 10:58 AM , Blogger Diah said...

    Two shea (spl?) Indeed my memory fails me often, but I was not off my rocker last week. I went home and found the article of which we spoke, and it said " the Bible tells that the rebukes of a friend are as kisses" but it gave no reference to a specific place. and in my mind that verse you have now quoted came to mind. I have searched it out, and can not find a direct reference to rebukes from a friend being like kisses, but one might draw that conclusion from the abstract interpretation of several verses. fyi.

    Momma said the exact same thing about being bored as you did.*weird how mothers think

     
  • At 11:01 AM , Blogger Diah said...

    Shouldn't you be satisfied with your natural beauty?
    Me??

    I have worn and attempted to apply make-up on myself and it was not a easy task, but the end result was, I would say an uglification, more than bettering my beauty

     
  • At 12:06 AM , Blogger natalie said...

    7. What color is the smoke coming out of the oven supposed to be?!?

    ROFLOL!

    Obviously it depends on what is being cooked.

     
  • At 11:44 AM , Blogger A. Victoria said...

    The answers are great!!! Sky Diving, a must. When you do it, I hope that we hear about it. :) Travel in Europe, that would be a blast. LOL, apply make up, do I want to know??? Be bored, you are right it is never boring when around you, the room becomes energized when you enter a room. :)Be a wall flower? okay... I like your top 5 movie choices. (I have not seen the last 2.) C.S. Lewis a a good choice for authors.

     
  • At 9:44 AM , Blogger Diah said...

    Mbim, You have not gone from being my sister to my mother, you must forgive me, for the webmaster of this page is but a pupil, we were having a discussion to pen you a name(that would be convey the position of yourself in the Kingdom of peace) I was toying with several, and didn't realize I saved the changes.

     
  • At 9:59 AM , Blogger Diah said...

    Ok, Sir Diah... I give up. I have pondered and pondered.....to no avail. What does it mean?

    "Numquam bella piis, numquam certanima desunt"

    "For the faithful, wars shall never cease"

    It is Latin.

     
  • At 10:05 AM , Blogger Diah said...

    A.V.,
    You really should see those two movies! Both older. Jimmy stewart was in both of them. "You can't take it with you" is a hillarious B&w with the title being the moral of the story. ( We took part in a stage version several years ago, which is where the make-up incident took place)

    Lewis is an amzing author, His scope for imagination makes the fairy tales seem possible. ( I've only recently been reading the chronicles for the first time, I love them!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home